So, you have confirmed that your husband is cheating on you. I know this is quite depressing. A lot of thoughts suddenly surface! You want to know who the girl is and rip her face! You want your husband to confirm in front of the girl that he chooses you! At the same time, you also want to just let your husband know you don’t care like whatever he does, you won’t get affected. Yes, all of these thoughts are rambling in your mind. So, what will you do? Will you forgive him, or will you plan for revenge, or you will leave him alone and travel far away to clear your mind? But what about your kids?
For those who are battling with their minds right now as they are quite confused what to do, here are some tips:
- Don’t try to suppress what you feel, it is a wrong move. It will be strange if you don’t feel mad, sad, or in rage as this is really a depressing situation. You are not only betrayed, but you are also belittled at the same time. Not only that, but you will also doubt if he still loves you or not as how come he was able to hurt you that deep. Accept how you feel and give yourself a time to cry and sulk. That is expected of you! You don’t need to do something right away and in fact, it is best not to do something while you are still in that state.
- Never seek revenge and post hateful post about your husband on social media! Though this is the most common response to a cheating husband, you should think a lot of times as you are only putting yourself in his level. You know that what he did is wrong, yet you are planning to do the same thing! So, you are also just like him! Especially if you have kids, they should be your focus now that one of their heads is going astray. You should not let them down by planning for useless revenge.
- Now that you discovered your husband is cheating on you, you might start to feel sick, though this might not happen as well. But one thing is sure, you will be immensely sad. You might neglect yourself and kids if you have any. After everything is sinking in, after you have your days of sulking and contemplating, you should start taking care of yourself and your kids. You need to be strong and healthy so you can come up with a good and wise decision. At this moment, your decision will matter the most.
- There is no need to blame yourself or the other party, as she is not part of the family. If your husband will continue seeing her, then cut him off and go to the court for support. You don’t need a man like that. You might feel self-pity, but there is no need for that. your husband is more piteous for that matter as he is the one who is obviously lost. You, on the other hand, is quite commendable for staying firm and loyal.
- If you decide to forgive your spouse or to give him another chance, you should not tell your kids about his infidelity. This will only cause anxiety on them and this can also change the way they will treat their father. Might as well if you will just divorce him. Actually, in situations like these, it is the kids that should be protected. It should be the kids that are your focus as for sure and do not neglect them without cook them proper food and fulfil all their necessity. If you are still unmarried, you will not forgive your partner.
- This is not an easy situation to cope. If you are finding it hard to come up with a decision, you can seek professional help. There are a lot of skilled counsellors who can help you in this situation. After thoroughly contemplating your case, for sure they can give suggestions that will be good for everyone. But of course, at the end of the day, it is your decision that will matter. You are the one holding the key of your family right at this moment.
Yes, it is so depressing to learn that your husband, the one you promise to be with for the rest of your life, the one who also promised to love you for the rest of his life, is cheating on you. You will not know what to do but you have to deal with this. Yes, you need to decide, and you can refer to the tips mentioned above, or you can find better solutions on your own. Whatever it is, always prioritize your kids.